We are happy to announce that MSYSA is starting the process of our Return to Educate plan.
We will be starting with a limited number of Grassroots In-Person Modules and will expand to conducting new D Licence courses at a later date when conditions allow us to safely do so.
Grassroots In-Person Modules will take on a Brand-New blended learning approach that incorporates both Virtual Classroom Training (2 hrs) and In-Person Learning & Field Session (2 hrs).
Click here for our Return to Educate plan and important safety considerations
Maryland State Youth Soccer has a coaching education program designed to meet your player development guidelines and the curriculum laid out by US Soccer. The program is suited for the new volunteer coach just starting out to those pursuing the highest level in their field.
The objectives of MSYSA's Coaching Education Program is:
- To develop our coaches' knowledge and understanding of the game.
- To develop world class coaching education materials and classes.
- To implement the latest and relevant age appropriate training curriculum and ingenuity to promote long term athlete development.
- To foster a culture of coaches whose foundation is built on best practices.
- To inspire coaches of all ages to continue their personal and professional development as educators of the game.
- To solidify a coaching education pathway where coaches can enroll and grow through our system.
We also provide resources for all coaches who want more information for themselves, team, parents and clubs.
The US Soccer Coaching License Pathway
In an effort to further improve the grassroots soccer environment for both players and coaches, U.S. Soccer has restructured the foundation of its coaching license pathway. The new Grassroots Licensing Courses, which replace the F and E License Courses, offer an a-la-carte approach meant to empower coaches with education that is relevant to their specific coaching needs. The Grassroots Licenses will help coaches ensure fun, enjoyable, and developmentally appropriate environments for their players. Prospective coaches will have the option to partake in any of these new courses – in any sequence – after completing a cost-free, Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module provided by U.S. Soccer.
The Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module serves as the first step in obtaining any one of the eight new Grassroots Licenses: four in-person courses and four online courses across the four grassroots levels: 4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11. The eight course options relate directly to small-sided games and the respective age-groups outlined in the U.S. Soccer Player Development Initiatives.