Registration is NOW CLOSED for open Tryouts for the 2021 ODP Cycle - for SUpplemental opportunities see 'registration' below
Each player MUST complete this Covid-19 self certification on the day of EVERY tryout they attend!
What's New to ODP for 2020-21?
COVID-19 caused major upheaval for youth soccer and so many of our spring 17U (2003) players missed out on completing their final season ODP ever! They were frustrated and disappointed and so were we! So we’ve been working with other East Region ODP leaders and we’re extending the age of our ODP program for the 2020-21 season! We are thrilled to offer the opportunity for **18U (2003) players to compete in the 2021 season! (**final decisions will be based on number of 2003 enrolled players!)
Returning players will have LOWER program fees. As the uniform kits were not heavily used this year, we worked in conjunction with our partner Adidas to ensure that returning players will not be required to have new kits for the 2021 season and as such receive a DISCOUNTED program fee to reflect this!
Playing with Maryland ODP gives players the opportunity to
- Compete with other top players
- Learn from some of the best coaches in the state
- Develop their technical skills and Soccer IQ
- Gain regional and national level exposure
Our program prides itself on not only being one of the best in the East Region, but also nationally as our players are regularly called up to represent us in regional and national pool teams.
With the collapse of the Developmental Academy, ODP is once again at the forefront for pathways to playing at the next level and fulfilling your soccer dreams.
Did you know?
US Youth Soccer ODP is well represented at the pinnacle of soccer in this country. Of the 2019 US Women's World Cup Winning Team, 21 of the players are alumni of the ODP program.
Other American based professional players have also commented on the benefits of playing ODP!
Pending recommendations from the Maryland State Government and worldwide health organizations, open tryouts for 2021 will begin in late August 2020 for 12U (2010/2009) and September 2020 for 13U-18U (2008-2003), and are open to all players. Players MUST register for two tryout dates.
In each pool, players will be invited to callback tryouts to further aid in the selection process. Lists of invited players will be posted below within 48 hours of the last open tryout. There will NOT be an email notification for callbacks.
Families of players that are selected for the final player pool will receive email notification and are encouraged to attend the parent/guardian meeting.
We are only forming player pools, NOT teams at this time.
||Estimated Pool Size
||# of Teams for Events
|15U Boys/Girls (2006), 16U Boys (2005)
|18U Boys (2003/2004), 18U Girls (2003/2004/2005)
While registration for the OPEN tryouts for the 2021 seasonal year has ended, we do allow supplemental tryouts to occur through the end of March 2021.
If you are interested in a supplemental tryout for your age group please contact the Program Director and provide him with your players full name, DOB and Club/Team name – you will be provided with a form that can be filled out by your Club's Technical Director / Director of Coaching or by a current/former ODP coach in good standing.
Tryout Procedures (Including Covid-19 Information)
- Must be worn by all people at all times unless they are:
- In their personal vehicle
- Actively participating in play (players may wear masks during play if they wish)
- Actively eating or drinking while maintaining 6’ from all persons
- Must be worn to and from the fields by players
- Social distancing:
- All people whenever possible should maintain 6’ from anyone who they do not live with unless they are actively participating in play
- This includes players during water breaks and in group discussion with coaching staff
- Check in:
- Prior to attending each tryout, all players (and staff) will complete an online self-certification form indicating their health status and any potential exposure
- No player will be discriminated against based on health status or potential exposure
- While players are not able to participate in a particular session due to exposure or potential exposure to Covid-19, they will be provided a fair and open tryout process at a future date once cleared to return to play in writing by their Primary Care Physician
- Please allow adequate time for check in ahead of your tryout – check in will be available 60 minutes prior to open tryouts
- All parents/guardians (and other siblings/spectators) must remain with/in their vehicles throughout the tryout
- No parents/guardians may accompany players to check in process
- In the event of an injury the Program Director will utilize the emergency contact information provided during registration to contact the parent/guardian and provide them with directions on where to go to connect with their player
- Players waiting to check in will observe the 6’ rule
- After checking in at the table and receiving their number, players will select their t-shirt size at the shirt station before returning to their car to finish preparations (change, pin number to shirt etc.) before going to field
- Players will bring their water and bag to the field no more than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled start time
- Players should bring their own ball – this must be sanitized by the player before and after tryouts
- No pinnies will be used – all players should bring a white shirt in the event of color conflicts during tryouts (alternating red/gold shirts will be given out at check in)
- On the sidelines player gear should be placed 6’ apart
- Players may wear masks during play if they wish, they are not required
- No players may touch any gear (including cones) that does not below to them – balls are excluded from this restriction
- Once play has concluded all players must wear their masks as they leave the field
- All players must leave their field within 5 minutes of the end of their scheduled session
Tryout Schedule and Location Information
**Please note these schedules will change without notice - it is your responsibility to check for the most up to date information before attending a scheduled session.
Callback Tryout Schedule (invitation ONLY)
We will post lists of players invited to callback tryouts below within 48 hours of the last open tryout for each age group. There will NOT be any email notification of callback lists.
While missing a call back tryout date does not eliminate a player from consideration, increased visibility and tryout data does enhance the staff's ability to provide a more accurate assessment of each player. Please notify us via email if you will not be able to attend your scheduled callback tryout.
Player lists will be posted here within 48 hours of the conclusion of open tryouts and callback tryouts, respectively.
Callback Player Lists
Callback tryout list for 2021 will appear here beginning in September 2020.
Final Pool Player Lists
To see the final player pool, click on the appropriate age group. These will be available within 48 hours of the last callback tryout for your age group.
Please contact Gandalf French the ODP Director with any questions!