Weather status page for tryouts
Playing with Maryland ODP gives players the opportunity to
- Compete with other top players
- Learn from some of the best coaches in the State
- Develop their technical skills and Soccer IQ
- Gain Regional and National level exposure
Our program prides itself on not only being one of the best in the East Region, but also nationally as our players are regularly called up to represent us in Regional and National Pool teams.
Did you know?
US Youth Soccer ODP is well represented at the pinnacle of soccer in this country. Of the 2019 US Women's World Cup Winning Team, 21 of the players are alumni of the ODP program.
Other American based professional players have also commented on the benefits of playing ODP!
In each pool, players will be invited to callback tryouts to further aid in the selection process. Lists of invited players will be posted below within 48 hours of the last open tryout. There will NOT be an email notification for callbacks.
Families of players that are selected for the final player pool will receive email notification and are encouraged to attend the parent/guardian meeting.
Registration for the 2023 ODP cycle is now closed!
Since the open tryouts for your age group's State ODP are full or have concluded at this time, the steps to tryout are slightly different moving forward.
If you would like your player to receive a supplemental tryout, you will need to have them evaluated by a qualified technical person (e.g. your club’s Technical Director, Director of Coaching, or a current/former ODP staff member) who will complete an evaluation before sending to the ODP Technical Director directly via email (Programs@msysa.org). Depending on the answers, we may invite your player to participate in a supplemental tryout at the next possible date after they complete the online tryout registration. Please note if the report is completed by someone who does not meet the qualifications listed above your request will be denied. Additionally, our age group pools are not limited to a specific number of players; any qualified player who meets the criteria below will receive a fair chance at being selected to the pool.
If you are interested in a supplemental tryout, please contact the ODP Technical Director via email (Programs@msysa.org) for the evaluation form.
Open Tryout Schedule and Location Information
We are only forming player pools, NOT teams at this time. All players selected for their pool will participate in all trainings and friendly events, only invited players will attend the Regional Tournament and Regional ID Camp
||Estimated Pool Size
||# of Teams for Events
|15U Boys/Girls (2008), 16U Boys (2007)
|17U Boys (2006), 17U Girls (2006/2007)
2022 Tryout Procedures (Including Covid-19 Information)
- We encourage these be worn by all people at all times unless they are:
- In their personal vehicle
- Actively participating in play (players may wear masks during play if they wish)
- Actively eating or drinking while maintaining 6’ from all persons
- Social distancing:
- We encourage that people should consider maintain 6’ from anyone who they do not live with unless they are actively participating in play
- This includes players during water breaks and in group discussion with coaching staff
- Check in:
- Prior to attending each tryout, all players (and staff) will complete a self certification indicating their health status and any potential exposure
- No player will be discriminated against based on health status or potential exposure
- While players are not able to participate in a particular session due to exposure or potential exposure to Covid-19, they will be provided a fair and open tryout process at a future date once cleared to return to play in writing by their Primary Care Physician
- Please allow adequate time for check in ahead of your tryout – check in will be available 60 minutes prior to open tryouts
- All parents/guardians (and other siblings/spectators) must remain with/in their vehicles throughout the tryout
- No parents/guardians may accompany players to check in process
- In the event of an injury the Technical Director will utilize the emergency contact information provided during registration to contact the parent/guardian and provide them with directions on where to go to connect with their player
- Players waiting to check in should consider the 6’ rule
- After checking in at the table and receiving their number, players will select their t-shirt size at the shirt station before going to the field
- Players will bring their water and bag to the field no more than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled start time
- Players should bring their own ball – this should be properly inflated
- While pinnies may be used – all players should bring a white shirt in the event of color conflicts during tryouts (alternating red/gold shirts will be given out at check in)
- Players should bring their issued shirt and tryout number to ALL tryouts (in addition to their own white shirt)
- On the sidelines player gear should be placed 6’ apart
- Players may wear masks during play if they wish, they are not required
- All players must leave their field within 5 minutes of the end of their scheduled session
Callback Tryout Schedule and Location Information
We will post lists of players invited to callback tryouts below within 48 hours of the last open tryout for each age group. There will NOT be any email notification of callback lists.
While missing a call back tryout date does not eliminate a player from consideration, increased visibility and tryout data does enhance the staff's ability to provide a more accurate assessment of each player. Please notify us via email if you will not be able to attend your scheduled callback tryout.
Callback TRYOUT SCHEDULE (updated 9/26/2022)
CL Park Columbia Address
Marriotts Ridge HS Address
Rockburn Park Address (only accessible from Landing road NOT Rockburn road)
On 9/26 we moved ALL October tryouts to new locations
Player lists will be posted here within 48 hours of the conclusion of open tryouts and callback tryouts, respectively.
Callback Player Lists
Callback tryout list for 2023 will appear here beginning in September 2022.
Final Pool Player Lists
To see the final player pool, click on the age groups below. These will be available within 48 hours of the last callback tryout for your age group.
Please contact Gandalf French the ODP Technical Director with any questions!