please register below for open Tryouts for the 2022 ODP Cycle
Playing with Maryland ODP gives players the opportunity to
- Compete with other top players
- Learn from some of the best coaches in the state
- Develop their technical skills and Soccer IQ
- Gain regional and national level exposure
Our program prides itself on not only being one of the best in the East Region, but also nationally as our players are regularly called up to represent us in regional and national pool teams.
With the collapse of the Developmental Academy, ODP is once again at the forefront for pathways to playing at the next level and fulfilling your soccer dreams.
Did you know?
US Youth Soccer ODP is well represented at the pinnacle of soccer in this country. Of the 2019 US Women's World Cup Winning Team, 21 of the players are alumni of the ODP program.
Other American based professional players have also commented on the benefits of playing ODP!
Pending recommendations from the Maryland State Government and worldwide health organizations, open tryouts for 2022 are open to all players and will begin in early September 2021 for all age groups. Players MUST register for two tryout dates.
In each pool, players will be invited to callback tryouts to further aid in the selection process. Lists of invited players will be posted below within 48 hours of the last open tryout. There will NOT be an email notification for callbacks.
Families of players that are selected for the final player pool will receive email notification and are encouraged to attend the parent/guardian meeting.
Registration for the OPEN tryouts for the 2022 seasonal year is NOW OPEN! We will also allow supplemental tryouts to occur beginning after the Fall open tryouts conclude through the end of March 2022.
2022 oPEN tryout registration
- Please reference the Open Tryout schedule below
- Make sure to WRITE DOWN YOUR SELECTED TRYOUT DATES/TIMES. These will NOT be included in the confirmation email
Once open tryouts have concluded, if you are interested in a supplemental tryout for your age group please contact the Program Director and provide them with your players full name, DOB and Club/Team name – you will be provided with a form that can be filled out by your Club's Technical Director / Director of Coaching or by a current/former ODP coach in good standing. Please note while we DO add players from the supplemental process, supplemental players must raise the average level of play in their group meaning it is MORE DIFFICULT to make the program in this way.
Open Tryout Schedule and Location Information
We are only forming player pools, NOT teams at this time. All players selected for their pool will participate in all trainings and friendly events, only invited players will attend the Regional Tournament and Regional ID Camp
||Estimated Pool Size
||# of Teams for Events
|15U Boys/Girls (2007), 16U Boys (2006)
|17U Boys (2005), 17U Girls (2005/2006)
2022 Tryout Procedures (Including Covid-19 Information)
- We encourage these be worn by all people at all times unless they are:
- In their personal vehicle
- Actively participating in play (players may wear masks during play if they wish)
- Actively eating or drinking while maintaining 6’ from all persons
- Social distancing:
- We encourage that whenever possible people should maintain 6’ from anyone who they do not live with unless they are actively participating in play
- This includes players during water breaks and in group discussion with coaching staff
- Check in:
- Prior to attending each tryout, all players (and staff) will complete an online self-certification form indicating their health status and any potential exposure
- No player will be discriminated against based on health status or potential exposure
- While players are not able to participate in a particular session due to exposure or potential exposure to Covid-19, they will be provided a fair and open tryout process at a future date once cleared to return to play in writing by their Primary Care Physician
- Please allow adequate time for check in ahead of your tryout – check in will be available 60 minutes prior to open tryouts
- All parents/guardians (and other siblings/spectators) must remain with/in their vehicles throughout the tryout
- No parents/guardians may accompany players to check in process
- In the event of an injury the Program Director will utilize the emergency contact information provided during registration to contact the parent/guardian and provide them with directions on where to go to connect with their player
- Players waiting to check in should consider the 6’ rule
- After checking in at the table and receiving their number, players will select their t-shirt size at the shirt station before going to field
- Players will bring their water and bag to the field no more than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled start time
- Players should bring their own ball – this must be sanitized by the player before and after tryouts
- No pinnies will be used – all players should bring a white shirt in the event of color conflicts during tryouts (alternating red/gold shirts will be given out at check in)
- On the sidelines player gear should be placed 6’ apart
- Players may wear masks during play if they wish, they are not required
- All players must leave their field within 5 minutes of the end of their scheduled session
Callback Tryout Schedule and Location Information
We will post lists of players invited to callback tryouts below within 48 hours of the last open tryout for each age group. There will NOT be any email notification of callback lists.
While missing a call back tryout date does not eliminate a player from consideration, increased visibility and tryout data does enhance the staff's ability to provide a more accurate assessment of each player. Please notify us via email if you will not be able to attend your scheduled callback tryout.
Callback tryout schedule (updated 7/22)
Player lists will be posted here within 48 hours of the conclusion of open tryouts and callback tryouts, respectively.
Callback Player Lists
Callback tryout list for 2022 will appear here beginning in September 2021.
- Boys 12U (coming in October)
- Boys 13U (coming in October)
- Boys 14U (coming in October)
- Boys 15U (coming in October)
- Boys 16U (coming in October)
- Boys 17U (coming in October)
- Girls 12U (coming in October)
- Girls 13U (coming in October)
- Girls 14U (coming in October)
- Girls 15U (coming in October)
- Girls 17U (coming in September)
Final Pool Player Lists
To see the final player pool, click on the appropriate age group. These will be available within 48 hours of the last callback tryout for your age group.
Boys 12U (coming in October)
Boys 13U (coming in October)
Boys 14U (coming in November)
Boys 15U (coming in October)
Boys 16U (coming in November)
Boys 17U (coming in October)
Girls 12U (coming in October)
Girls 13U (coming in October)
Girls 14U (coming in October)
Girls 15U (coming in October)
Girls 17U (coming in September)
Please contact Gandalf French the ODP Director with any questions!