The process to become an affiliate member of MSYSA is quite simple! Complete applications contain the information outlined below. All application requests are to be submitted electronically by following this link (https://system.gotsport.com/forms/37S858037).
Please contact the state office (410-768-5401) if there are any questions. We look forward to welcoming you to the MSYSA family!
A letter (on club letterhead) stating interest in becoming an affiliate member. It must contain the following:
- Description of the organization
- Type of program(s)
- Type of teams
- List of all affiliated club teams by name, age group, and gender
- The seasons of play and principal geographic area served
- Leagues in which teams play
- Approximate number of players and teams it expects to have participating during the seasonal year (Sept. 1-Aug.31)
- Sponsorship, if any, including that from municipalities
A list naming the organizations Officers and Directors that includes:
- Name and title
- Mailing address
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Indication of the designated club contact
A copy of the organizations bylaws or other governing documents. The following specific provisions must be included within these documents:
- The organization agrees to abide by all rules, policies, and regulations of MSYSA, US Youth Soccer, and US Soccer.
- The organization will register all players, coaches, and teams who participate in the organizations programs with MSYSA and other US Soccer members at least annually and pay the appropriate registration fees to comply with US Soccer's 100% affiliation rule.
- Non- discrimination language. An example can be found in the MSYSA Bylaws, Article 1, Section 3.
A check for the affiliation fees based on the number of teams participating in the organizations programs. 15 recreational players = 1 team.
- 1-15 teams, $60
- 16-40 teams, $115
- 41+ teams, $170
Note: The Affiliation Fee is due annually no later than Sept. 30. MSYSA will waive the affiliation fee for organizations that have at least one representative present at the Annual General Meeting.