The MSYSA Presidential Scholarship recognizes and honors the coaches, players, administrators, referees and other volunteers who selflessly give of their time, energy, and abilities. The Presidential Scholarship is designed to further grow the game of soccer within Maryland and DC specifically at the amateur youth, scholastic level.
To grow the game of soccer by helping to reduce the financial burden of participation.
Individual scholarship award amounts may vary (e.g., from $50 to $500).
To be eligible, an individual must:
- Be registered with MSYSA or the State Youth Referee Administrator as one of the following:
- An administrator.
- A coach.
- A player.
- A referee.
- A volunteer.
- Be in good standing with MSYSA.
- Follow MSYSA on social media.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Complete the online Presidential Scholarship application form
- Applicants will provide a detailed description of the intended use of the scholarship funds to include the specific amount being requested and how this will further improve their ability to participate in the game of soccer in Maryland and DC.
- The Presidential Scholarship is offered as a rolling opportunity. Eligible individuals may complete the application form at any time.
- Step 2: Applications will be reviewed internally by a number of individuals.
- The review process may require that the individual submitting the grant application be contacted in an effort to gather additional information.
- Step 3: Awardees will be notified every few weeks.
- Approved MSYSA Presidential Scholarship applications will result in MSYSA issuing a paper check payable to the individual that was awarded the scholarship and will be mailed to the individual whose name appears on the application form using the mailing address provided.
Submitting a scholarship request is not a guarantee of being awarded a scholarship. MSYSA reserves the right to deny a scholarship application for any reason at any time
All ODP players are eligible to apply for need-based financial aid through the MSYSA office. Awards come in partial or full scholarship; a service project must be planned and completed by the player. All complete applications must be received by 5pm on 12/6/2019 to be eligible.
Additionally, boys in the 2005 age group are eligible to apply for the Ian Custodio Memorial Scholarship that will cover program fees for one player each year. All complete applications must be received by 5pm on 12/6/2019 to be eligible.