MSYSA desires to grow the game of soccer, specifically at the grassroots level within underserved and under-resourced communities. MSYSA proudly offers Affiliate Grants designed to help affiliates to further grow the game of soccer within Maryland and DC, and are designed to help cover the costs of equipment required to start or maintain a soccer program in (e.g., soccer goals, balls, cones, etc.) In limited cases, Affiliate Grants may be awarded to help cover the costs of field rental/usage fees.
To grow the game of soccer in collaboration with our affiliates by financially helping to increase opportunities for participation within underserved and under-resourced communities within Maryland and DC.
Grant award amounts may vary (e.g., from $500 to $5,000).
To be eligible, an organization must:
- Be an MSYSA affiliate.
- Be in good standing.
- Be able to demonstrate that all of their participants, to include players, coaches, and volunteers are properly registered with MSYSA.
- Follow MSYSA on social media.
- Agree to remain affiliated with MSYSA for the next 36 months.
- Provide a written status report and accounting of actual MSYSA Affiliate Grant expenditures within three (3) months of receipt of funding.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Complete the online Affiliate Grant application form. The grant application window is now closed. Please check back again in early 2022.
- Applicants will provide a detailed description of the intended use of the grant funds to include the specific amount being requested and how this will further grow the game of soccer by providing additional opportunities for participation within Maryland and DC.
- The application window will close on April 16, 2021.
- Step 2: Applications will be reviewed internally by a number of individuals.
- The review process may require that the individual submitting the grant application be contacted in an effort to gather additional information.
- Step 3: Awardees will be notified by June 1, 2021.
- Approved MSYSA Affiliate Grants will result in MSYSA issuing a paper check payable to the organization that was awarded the grant and will be mailed to the individual whose name appears on the application form using the mailing address provided.
- Awardees can either utilize the grant funds during the current seasonal year, or the coming seasonal year.
Submitting a grant request is not a guarantee of being awarded a grant. MSYSA reserves the right to deny a grant application for any reason at any time. In the unlikely event that a grant awardee leaves MSYSA or ceases operations within 36 months of having been awarded the grant, some, if not all, of the awarded funds may be required to be returned to MSYSA.