Each year players participate in the East Region ODP Identification camp in July (see the calendar on our website). This event is hosted by US Youth Soccer's East Region and draws players from multiple states in the East.
The goal of this event is to showcase individual abilities to the Regional ODP staff against the strong competition from other states. This is the culmination of all of the work and preparation through the full ODP seasonal year and allows the players to be selected by the East Region ODP Staff for participation in Regional events.
Only invited players will be eligible to travel to this event and play. There are no fees for event participation for selected players from the 2011-2005 Boys, 2011-2005 Girls age groups.
HOW PLAYERS ARE SELECTED TO ATTEND SUMMER ID EVENTS:
• A US Youth Soccer-registered player can be selected into a summer ID event by:
o Regional staff invite
o ODP State Director/Technical Director
o US Soccer scout
DATE PLAYERS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF INVITATION TO SUMMER ID EVENT:
• USYS will begin sending out invites to players identified at Sub Regional Events as early as April 1, 2023
• Tuesday, June 13, 2023, in the immediate aftermath of the ODP East Tournament is the final date invitations to Summer ID Events will be sent
• Please note, the U12 (2011) age group will identify players for 2 teams in order to ensure the impact of the Relative Age Effect is minimized. Olders (Born January – June) and Youngers (Born July-December)
UNIFORM ORDERING FOR SUMMER ID EVENT:
• Players should complete uniform purchases through soccer.com as soon as possible after receiving the invitations to the East Region ID Event. US Youth Soccer and Soccer.com will do everything in their power to ensure uniforms arrive prior to ID Events, however orders placed after June 1 are not guaranteed to arrive before the Summer ID Event
HOW PLAYERS ARE SELECTED TO ATTEND INTERREGIONAL EVENTS:
• Players who attend the Summer ID Events will be evaluated by East Region ODP Staff for participation at the interregional Event
• East Region Coaches will select a pool of players from which a region team of 18 players will be selected.
• The Younger Age Group U12 (2011) will select 1 team of 18 players (Olders Jan – June and Youngers July – December)
• In rare cases, players identified at Sub Regional or Interregional Events may qualify for an Excused Absence, examples include participation in National Team training and events
INTERREGIONAL ID EVENT:
• Regional team announcements: August 15, 2023
• Registration starts: September 15, 2023
• Cut off to get a player in to Interregional ID Event is January 5, 2024 – only this late due to any injury that may occur in fall and early winter.
• Registration for players selected in initial East Region ODP Teams start: September 15, 2023
• Additional Events for 2024 will be announced in August 2023 when Interregional invites go out.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Players will travel to the camps with their parents.
- Players stay with parents overnight in their hotel (links will be provided).
- Players will participate in multiple sessions over the duration of camp.
- Dates for the East Region camps have been posted on our calendar.
- Please review the East Region Website for additional ID Camp information.
Registration / Invited Player List:
Only select players will be invited to participate. These players will be contacted directly with their invitation by the East Region.
The invitations to the ID camp will be sent by the Region directly. Once we are provided the list, they will also be linked below.
East Region Camp Contact Information:
US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program
Senior National ODP Manager