When registering players, be sure to use the player's legal name as stated on their Proof of Age Documentation. Nicknames are NOT acceptable!
Any adult working with youth players as a Team Official (Head Coach, Asst. Coach, Manager) or otherwise must register EACH year in order to be rostered with a team. All parts of mandatory compliance including background checks, SafeSport, and concussion training must be complete before an adult will be approved.
In addition, any Travel Head Coach registering MUST meet minimum license requirements:
- Introduction to Grassroots Module
- Two in-person Grassroots course (one must be 11v11 and the other can be 9v9, 7v7, or 4v4)
- One online Grassroots course across any of the four levels (11v11, 9v9, 7v7, 4v4)
Teams will not be approved until all adults have completed mandatory compliance (Background Check, Heads Up Concussion Training, SafeSport Training for all and additional minimum licensing requirements for Travel Head Coaches.
Adults must contact their club for their registration information.
While club and independent travel teams have differences in their registration process, all travel teams have the same maximum roster size for their age group:
Club Travel Teams
Club travel teams must pay $13.25 per player that is registered, including players added throughout the seasonal year. It is the clubs responsibility to monitor financial statements through US Soccer Connect.
Independent Travel Teams
Independent travel teams will pay one fee that will include administrative and per player costs that assume the maximum allowable roster size is used.
Rosters will not be approved until all fees are paid. Independent teams are required to call the state office prior to registering for details specific to their situation.
Fee Due Dates
- Travel registration fees are due quarterly; this includes additional players added to a roster DURING a seasonal year.
- Fees are considered late if not received by MSYSA through US Sports Connect or mail by their due date and may be subject to sanctions including, but not limited to: Access to Cup registration, registration hold for the following season, fines and being placed in bad standing.
- League fees are paid separately to the league in which the team participates.
|First half Fall & Fall sit-out
||Second half fall
||Any remaining fees