When submitting travel teams for approval to receive player cards and team rosters, the following requirements MUST BE MET in their entirety!
PLAYER/COACH VERIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
ALL travel teams must meet all player age ID and coach/team official mandatory compliance requirements in order to be eligible to be approved to play in a sanctioned USYS competition (league or tournament)
- All players must be registered with their club. Unique registration link provided by the club directly.
- All players must be age ID verified with an acceptable proof of age document. Specific details here: https://www.msysa.org/registration/general-information/proof-of-age/
- All players must upload an acceptable player photo. https://www.msysa.org/registration/acceptable-photo-upload-requirement-/
All participants MUST have their ROLE as USYS as their affiliation and TRAVEL under MSYSA for their competitive level. As shown in our video sessions this is done under CLUB MANAGEMENT- PLAYER. After selecting the player’s name, Select ROLE, then identify as stated above, then click SAVE.
All players must have completed a COVID-19 waiver in addition to a USYS Medical Release form. Both documents are completed during the player registration process.
All players must have a jersey number
- Any player who is 18 years old and older, OR who is TURNING 18 years old DURING the CURRENT seasonal year, MUST complete the SafeSport training, which is accessible in the PLAYER'S GotSport account dashboard.
Parent of EVERY player MUST log back in to their GotSport account, select FAMILY, select the Player’s name, select DASHBOARD and then “DETAILS” beside the Player Compliance requirement, International Transfer Clearance (ITC) Questionnaire and complete the Questionnaire.
-This task will only need to be completed ONE time and will then stay with that player through the years as we continue to use GotSport as our carding/rostering platform.
-If the Parent’s of the PLAYER have completed the US Soccer ITC in the past, please upload the PLAYER'S APPROVAL that was received from US Soccer in the document’s tab of the player’s GotSport account under the label for the MSYSA Document ---Repository, “US Soccer- Approved ITC directly from US Soccer/FIFA.”
For a detailed overview of when a clearance is required, the clearance process, all application forms, AND How to Submit, please visit the U.S. Soccer website – INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCE OVERVIEW section.
COACH/TEAM OFFICIAL REQUIREMENTS
FINAL TEAM APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS
- Once ALL the above player, coach/team official verifications have been completed, your team may be submitted to MSYSA for approval to obtain player passes and official team rosters.
- Teams missing ANY item from above will NOT be approved
Please submit each request for each team, once completely ready, in an Approval Request Ticket, specifically called, MSYSA (Maryland) Affiliate Club Team Approval Request 2022-2023 Season, which can be found under your Club Admins DASHBOARD- AFFILIATIONS - MSYSA- AVAILABLE FORMS
TIMELINES FOR APPROVAL – The following timelines must be adhered to for ALL team submissions.
- MSYSA business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Teams submitted for approval MUST be submitted THREE BUSINESS DAYS prior to when your teams need their player passes (i.e – if you have a tournament on Saturday, your teams should be submitted PRIOR TO 4:30 PM on Wednesday of that same week)
- Team submissions that do not follow the above timelines and requirements WILL NOT be processed.
- Affiliates must be in good standing and current on fees to receive a Roster Approval
Ensuring the safe return to play of all our players and coaches is our highest priority and following this process ensures that we meet all federal laws, U.S. Soccer mandatory member requirements and our own Risk Management program in providing the safest environment possible.
If you have further questions, please contact Jessica Hafer at email@example.com
STATUS of your SUBMITTED TEAM APPROVAL REQUESTS
To check on the status of your Submitted Team Approval Support Ticket:
Go to Club Management-Forms and Requests in your Club’s Administrative GotSport Account.
Select the "MSYSA (Maryland) Affiliate Club Team Approval Request 2022-2023 Season" from the "Form" Filter drop down box in the top left corner, then click "Search"
Select the DIGITS under the column Labeled ID. There you will be able to read the “COMMENTS”.
Please make sure to reply back on the same thread once you have corrected the issues causing your Pending or Denied status.