Skip to Main Content

The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.

coach exemption in maryland

Coaching Education Exemption

Are there waivers for Grassroots Coaching Education courses?

No. Maryland does not offer exemptions for grassroots courses. 

Are there exemptions for the USSF "D" course?

No. Maryland does not offer exemptions for the USSF "D" course. 

I played in college. Am I eligible for a exemptions?

No, playing college DOES NOT qualify a coach for a waiver.

Can I be exempted into the "C" or "B" License with professional playing experience?

Yes! For the C License, a minimum of two (2) years playing on a Senior National Team or for a FIFA recognized "1st Division" outdoor professional team. Five (5) years of the same nature are required for a B License.

The information must be reflected in the coaches DLC profile. Official proof of playing experience must be provided via letterhead from the affiliated clubs, leagues, or organizations. More information may be found on US Soccer's website: