Our Insurance Program covers registered members with General Liability, Excess Liability, and Accidental Medical policies while participating in MSYSA sanctioned soccer activities, such as practice, games, and tournaments. All plans are underwritten by Nationwide Life Insurance Company and brokered by K&K Insurance.
The summary explanation of coverage below is a description only. Conditions, exclusions, and limitations contained in the actual policy should be reviewed for specific details. This description in no way affects or alters the coverage provided.
Requesting a Certificate of Insurance
Certificates of Insurance (COIs) are provided to affiliate organizations upon request to cover their players and officials during participation in MSYSA sanctioned events. Requests must be accompanied with enough detailed information to ensure that the intended use of the COI is within MSYSA guidelines.
Requests should be sent to our Registration Specialist and may take up to five (5) business days to process. The following must be included with each request:
- Full facility name
- Full street address
- Name and email for any person(s) receiving a copy of the COI
- Any special clauses that must be included
- Information supporting the use is within MSYSA guidelines.
Affiliates must be in good standing and current on fees to receive a COI.
General & Excess Liability
Under the General Liability Policy, coverage is provided for claims and lawsuits arising from:
- Participant/Player injury
- Spectator injury
- Property damage liability (to other persons/entity property)
- Activities necessary and incidental to conduct sanctioned activities
- Sponsored functions (meetings, banquets, fundraisers, etc.)
- Advertising and personal injury liability
- Products/Completed operations liability, respective of activities incidental to a team, club, or league
- Sexual abuse or molestation claims arising out of alleged or actual acts
- Coverage is not provided for those accused of abuse, but for a civil suit alleging negligence or other claims against the team, club, league, or others in positions of authority.
General liability coverage provides $1 million limit for each occurrence. Excess liability coverage provides an additional $5 million limit.
The Accident Medical Policy is intended to provide supplemental coverage to assist with medical bills arising from a covered injury. This is NOT a healthcare plan and is not intended to cover 100% of medical expenses that a member may be responsible for. It is offered to assist with unpaid medical bills such as co-payments or deductibles not covered by a members primary insurance plan. Claims must first be submitted to the individuals normal health insurance plan first.
Examples of covered expenses include: Hospital or surgical center care, medical treatment, medically necessary ambulatory service, x-rays and labs, prescription drugs and therapeutic supplies, and dental treatment as the result of injury.
The plan consists of:
- $300,000 medical expense limit
- $250 deductible coverage
- 52 week benefit period
- $50 physical therapy per visit, $2000 maximum.
Submit a Claim
To file a claim, please complete our Insurance Claim Form and contact the office at (410) 768-5401 for further information on submission.