Each year Maryland ODP teams participate in the East Region ODP Tournament on a weekend in June (see the calendar on our website for up to date information). This event is hosted by US Youth Soccer's East Region and draws ODP teams from multiple states across our Region as well as College coaches from all across the Nation.
The goal of this event is to help players come together in a competitive environment against strong competition from other States. This is the culmination of months of work and preparation and allows the players to showcase their individual and team abilities to the East Region Staff and College Coaches in attendance.
Only invited players from participating age groups will travel to this event and play (Participating age groups: Boys 12U-18U, Girls 12U-18U). Fees for event participation and travel are not included in the overall program cost.
Hotel links will appear here ahead of the event. There will not be hotel links provided for the finals weekend.
Using these hotel accommodations is encouraged but not mandatory - these hotels have simply been reserved as a service for families who will travel with their players to this event.
All age groups should be prepared for a Friday night game. As such an excused absence letter has been prepared for this event.
Only invited players in each pool will participate. Age groups with multiple teams will be sorted by the staff into ranked rosters with consideration for positional needs (13U-18U will have 22 players maximum per team, 12U will have 15 players maximum per team). Rosters will be posted in early May and are subject to change. Players who are not selected should still continue to attend trainings as they may be selected as an alternate as the event approaches.
- Important notes:
- MOST age groups have Alternate players listed.
- These players will be contacted directly and added to the roster in the event of injury / conflict.
- More so than any other year, it is EXTREMELY likely that many / most of these age groups will have some Alternates added to their roster as the event approaches.
- If you are listed as an alternate, please do NOT pay the event fee unless invited to the event directly by your coach!
If you have any questions please let us know!
COVID Policies (updated 6/11):
- Self Certification
- Strongly recommended that all people (spectators, players and staff) wear at all times unless they are able to stay more than 6' away from others or are actively engaged in play (players may wear during play if they wish)
- Social Distancing
- All people whenever possible should maintain 6’ from anyone who they do not live with unless they are actively participating in play
- At this time there are no limits on spectators other than the rules above
Schedule links will be updated if there are any changes. As always please refer to our weather page for any last minute cancelations / changes due to weather.
If your team is listed first please wear your Grey kit, if listed second please wear your Red kit. GK's will wear their Orange kit to all games. For every game please bring the kit you aren't wearing to enable a change if needed.