Soccer Philosophy: I believe that soccer – the most popular international sport – has continued to gain a strong foothold in the United States and in Maryland as well. As a member of the Maryland State Youth Soccer Association, I want to play an active role in our continuing efforts to increase the opportunities for youth from diverse backgrounds to take part in this wonderful sport.
Coaching Philosophy: I have coached at the Recreation, Recreation Plus and Travel level(s) for boys and girl teams for over fifteen years. Although coaching methods may differ for each level and age group, one philosophy has remained constant: soccer is still a game!! A successful coach is in a position of trust and is able to teach, mentor, and build confidence in a player, regardless of the level played. Measures of success are not found in the win-loss column, but on how many players had fun, return to play, and truly achieve their personal goals for playing soccer.
- US Youth Soccer National D Coaching License
- 2001- 2017: St Mary’s United Soccer Club
- Boys and Girls Recreation Level – various age groups
- Boys Recreation Plus – ages 9-11
- Girls Travel: ages 10-18
Soccer Administration Experience:
- St Mary’s United Soccer Club: Board Member 2013-2016
- Maryland State Youth Soccer Association 2010-present: Board of Directors- South Region Commissioner and various committees and actively supports the State Cup and President’s Cup Tournaments