Let’s Play! Coordinator (Full-Time) (March 5th, 2022)
The Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA) is a member of the US Soccer Federation as a National State Association and is affiliated with US Youth Soccer. MSYSA serves as the primary advocate for youth soccer in the state of Maryland and the District of Columbia. MSYSA is dedicated to offering the highest quality soccer education, player development, and programs while fostering sportsmanship, fitness, diversity, teamwork, and passion for the game.
Established in 1976, the MSYSA proudly serves a membership of 148 affiliate clubs and leagues typically registering 63,000 players and thousands of coaches, administrators, and volunteers. The MSYSA state office is located in Glenwood, Maryland.
The Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA) Let’s Play! Coordinator oversees the Let’s Play! after school program that operates within various locations in Maryland and the District of Columbia. The Let’s Play! Coordinator is responsible for administering Let’s Play! and serves as the point of contact for all Let’s Play! Coach-Mentors, and Site Lead’s. The Let’s Play! Coordinator collaborates with multiple MSYSA employees and community organizations. The Let’s Play! Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the MSYSA Director of Outreach & Grassroots. Evening and weekend hours are required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend Let’s Play! programs operating at various locations within Maryland and DC
- Support Let’s Play! staff
- Serve as Let’s Play! Coach-Mentor when necessary
- Work with Marketing & Communications Coordinator to promote Let’s Play!
- Assist Director of Outreach & Grassroots with creation and implementation of program curriculum
- Secure new schools and club affiliates to operate Let’s Play! programs
- Train and supervise the Let’s Play! staff
- Conduct mid and end of year evaluations for Let’s Play! staff, parents, and school administrators
- Assist in securing funding and resources
- Make recommendations to the Director of Outreach & Grassroots for improvement on equipment, supplies, facility, and program needs
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required/ College degree a plus
- Minimum Experience: Previous soccer coaching experience required
- Passion for and experience with urban education, health education, youth development, and sports a plus but not required.
- Must have two or more years of previous experience working with elementary school aged children, preferably in a sports setting.
- Must possess strong administrative skills and be proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and One Drive)
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills in multiple settings
- Competent in leading (25-40) students, ages 6-11, through sport and life teaching moments
- Language Skill(s): English. Spanish is a plus.
- Should be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to handle any questions that arise with the public by answering them or by giving them the proper directions for the answer.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- CPR & First Aid certified a plus but training can be provided.
- Creativity, problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills are vital.
- Access to reliable transportation
- New hires must consent to and complete a criminal background check (MSYSA will cover the cost)
- New hires must complete the following training courses to meet MSYSA Mandatory compliance, and program expectations:
- SafeSport Trained Core Course
- Heads Up to Youth Sports: Concussion Awareness
- Coaching Corps Coaching for Youth Development
- Coaching Corps Coaching with Empathy
- Coaching Corps Coaching for Character
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Paid time off, sick leave, matching 401k, and some health benefits.
Equal opportunity employer
MSYSA does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, or national origin. Individuals from traditionally underserved and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Well qualified candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to MSYSA Director of Outreach & Grassroots, Nathean Meadows: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Review of qualified candidates to begin immediately. This position will remain open until filled**
PDF VERSION AVAILABLE HERE