ODP Inclement Weather Policy/Cancelations
At this time SOME ODP events are on as scheduled. Please see below for additional information.
At this time SOME trainings for 6/10 are on as scheduled: no further updates for tonight will be posted.
- UMBC training is CANCELED tonight for boys and girls (final update)
- Layhill training is ON tonight for boys and girls (final update)
- White Marsh Park training is CANCELED tonight for boys and girls (final update)
Should any cancelations or changes occur, we will post an update here per the policy below and you will receive information from your pool manager or the Program Director via email.
ODP Cancellation Policy
We will post any program-wide closures here at least 2.5 hours ahead of training time (cancellations made after this time will be announced through Team Connect). Please contact your manager with any questions and stay safe: travel from other areas of the state may not experience the same weather as the training location.
ODP Cancelation Refund Policy
While we recognize that weather cancellations are an unfortunate side effect of outdoor activities and some cancellations will be deemed normal, we also recognize that an unreasonable number of cancellations should result in mitigating response from our organization. As such we have instituted the policies below effective 8/1/18:
- Qualifying number of training sessions missed:
- If 4 or more training sessions are missed in the current SODP seasonal year due to inclement weather AND cancelled by MSYSA, this would result in your participant being eligible for a prorated credit
- All account credit requests must be made in writing by email to the ODP Program Director at email@example.com
- How Program credit will be issued:
- For those who make the future State ODP pool, they will receive a program credit towards their State ODP fees
- For those who do not make the State ODP Pool, they will receive a program credit to be used for any MSYSA programs (SSA, Winter training sessions, future ODP tryouts or program fees, etc.)