Maryland State Olympic Development Program
The US Youth Soccer ODP is a national identification and development program for high-level players. The program identifies and develops youth players throughout the country to represent their state and regional associations. At the state association level, pools of players are identified in each eligible age group, and brought together as a team to develop their skill through training and competition. From the state pools and subsequent teams, players are identified for regional and national pools and teams. Maryland State ODP teams are comprised of the best Maryland players in various age groups.
Click here to read about the ODP Advantage
Click here to read the ODP Coaches and Players Manual
US Youth Soccer is divided into four regions, each Region offers a regional identification camp for state association ODP players in each eligible age group pool. Maryland is part of the East Region (I). The camps are designed to provide high level competition and training for participating players. During this training and competition, players who are capable of performing at a higher level of play are identified for possible regional pool, or regional team participation.
More information concerning the East Region can be found by clicking here
More information concerning US Youth Soccer can be found by clicking here
What it takes to be successful in the US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program By: John Ellinger
Seasonal Year Overview:
Please see the seasonal calendar and the training schedule for dates.
- Tryouts for the 12U age group begin in August, for the 13U-17U age groups in September
- All age groups will have open tryout registration followed by callback tryouts (invitation only)
- The tryout registration fee covers ALL tryouts through the final pool selection
- While supplemental tryout processes are in place, selection via this method is typically more challenging
- The 12U-17U Boys and 12U-15U Girls, begin training in early January with 3 indoor sessions and 'chalk talks' through February
- The 12U-17U Boys and 12U-15U Girls pools participate in the Keystone Diamond Showcase in early February
- The 13U-17U Boys and 13U-15U Girls pools participate in the Virginia Friendlies in late February
- All age groups begin outdoor training the first Monday of March (12 sessions)
- All age groups participate in the East Region Tournament (invited players only)
- All age groups eligible to participate in the East Region Identification Camp (registration required)
MedStar Health and InjureFree Partnership:
The Maryland State Youth Soccer Association has partnered with MedStar Health and InjureFree to improve the coordination of medical care for youth soccer players within Maryland, specifically with regard to concussions. All players within the Maryland State ODP will be utilizing this partnership this season.
For more information please access the informational flyer!