12U State ODP Parents Meeting and General Information
• Will be held on 3/13/19 at 6:30pm (boys) and 7:45pm (girls) at the Robinson Nature Center (6692 Cedar Lane, Columbia MD 21044)
• The most recent training schedule can be found HERE.
• For the 2018 MSYSA ODP Curriculum please click HERE.
• Our full calendar can be found HERE.
• 12U ODP uniform color schedule is posted HERE on the training schedule.
The Maryland State Youth Soccer Association has partnered with MedStar Health and InjureFree to improve the coordination of medical care for youth soccer players within Maryland, specifically with regard to concussions. All players within the Maryland State ODP will be utilizing this partnership this season.
For more information please access an informational flyer HERE!
Site managers contact information for questions and absence notifications:
Player Training Site Assignments are posted here with addresses below:
Barrie School: 13500 Layhill Road, Silver Spring, MD 20906
UMBC: 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 (training fields located in I-9)
White Marsh Park: 100 White Marsh Park Dr, Bowie, MD 20715
All of our forms will be managed in electronic format- this means that you don’t need to print or submit any paperwork once the acceptance profile is complete. All staff who need to have access to the paperwork are able to do so remotely so we have eliminated the need for the traditional player book to be printed.
12U ODP Sub-Regional Play Day:
To culminate the season each year the 12U ODP teams come together to play against teams from adjacent states in our Region (DE, NJ, PA, VA). This round robin format is designed to allow the players to showcase what they have learned as well as allow them another environment to continue to compete and develop.
The game schedule and team photo schedule for the play day will be posted here with all games taking place at the Covenant Park Complex (4560 Centennial Ln, Ellicott City, MD 21042).
Team Rosters and schedules will be posted here ahead of the event.
2019 East Region ODP ID Camp Information
Please click here for the dates of camp, registration links were sent via email on 4/2. Please note registration will close on 5/31 and only registered players will be able to participate!
All pool players from the 12U-17U boys and 12U-17U girls will be eligible for this event. ALL players must register to attend- only players who register by the due date (5/31) will be able to participate in camp. No exceptions.
• Volunteer chaperones will be responsible for the players at camp off of the field. If you are interested please use this link to register to chaperone
• Camp starts with check in at 12:30pm
• Players must wear Nike or no-name apparel only (any logos MUST be covered). No State or Club gear allowed. (note: this rule does not apply to cleats)
• Cost is not included in the State Program fees.
• Any questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• East Region camp dates information are available on our calendar and further camp information including packing lists and schedules is available on the East Region website.
• Additional information will be shared by the Region closer to the event
US Youth Soccer is divided into four regions, each Region offers a regional identification camp for state association ODP players in each eligible age group pool. The camps are designed to provide high level competition and training for participating players. During this training and competition, players who are capable of performing at a higher level of play are identified for possible regional pool, or regional team participation.