U10 Session Plans
Click here to download all 10 U10 Session Plans as a single PDF file.
It is important for coaches to have a basic understanding of the intellectual, emotional and physical developmental stages of the players that we are coaching in order to make practices run smoothly while also being fun. Here are some typical characteristics of the Under 10 player:
- Attention span lengthens and they start to show the ability to sequence thoughts and actions.
- Players start to think ahead and think “If this, then that”
- Players are more inclined towards wanting to play soccer rather than being told to play
- Demonstrate increased self-responsibility
- Players start to recognize fundamental tactical concepts
- Begin to become aware of peer pressure.
- Players affiliate with their team or their coach
- There is a wide continuum of maturity evident on most teams.
- U10 is still a crucial age for technical skill development.
*Special thanks to Massachusetts Youth Soccer for the provided session plan content*