Clubs that wish to serve as the host for a Maryland State Youth Soccer Educational Course must make the following accommodations:
- The course will take 4 hours: 2 hours in the classroom and 2 hours on the field
- Courses are set up for a 12:1 candidate to instructor ratio
- Players of the correct age & appropriate numbers are required for the field component:
GR 4v4 - 8 to 10 players – 6U - 8U age group
GR 7V7 - 14 to 16 players – 9U - 10U age group
GR 9V9 - 18 to 20 players – 11U - 12U age group
GR 11V11 - 18-22 players – 13U - 17U age group
- Select a site that includes:
- Outdoor field with goals and, if possible, an indoor playing area to be used in case of bad weather.
- Classroom area with blackboard/whiteboard and a projection screen or area to project images.
- Select a site coordinator for the course. He/She will be the contact person for Maryland State Youth Soccer and is responsible for opening and closing the facility for the course daily. *Site Coordinators responsibilities listed below
- Choose two possible dates for the course you would like to host.
- Complete this online application below and submit it for consideration. You will be notified when your application is reviewed.
*Site Coordinators responsibilities
- Site coordinator will be the contact person for the course.
- The site coordinator will receive the course materials by mail the week of the course.
- The site coordinator is responsible for opening and closing the facility for the course daily.
- The site coordinator will take attendance for the course. MSYSA will provide the coordinator with an attendance sheet for the course. Only candidates who are on the attendance sheet should be accepted into the course.
- The site coordinator may attend the course at no charge, but they will not count as a candidate to reach the minimum number of candidates to hold the course.??
- Some sites may require a facilities fee to use the location. The site coordinator will be responsible for collecting the facility fee from the candidates.
Maryland State Youth Soccer's Responsibilities:
- Maryland State Youth Soccer's Director of Coaching will assign the instructor(s).
- Maryland State Youth Soccer will post the course on the state’s website, the Digital Coaching Center (DCC) and promote the course. If the course enrollment is not met one week prior to start date of the course, the course will be cancelled or rescheduled.
- Certification and or licenses will be given only to those candidates who attend the entire course and successfully complete the course requirements. Licenses will be made accessible to the candidates through the DCC within three weeks after the course is finished.
Application To Host In-Person Grassroots Course