USSF Prior to 10 Policy (P-10 Submission Form)
Players who were born outside of the U.S. but entered the country to live prior to their 10th birthday simply need to provide proof in order to be cleared to register with U.S. Soccer. The document being used as proof should have the player’s name, a date that is prior to the player’s 10th birthday, and show that the player was taking part in day-to-day life in the United States.
Acceptable forms of proof documentation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- School report cards
- Doctor records (must be signed and dated prior to the player's 10th birthday)
- Immunization records (must be signed and dated prior to the player's 10th birthday)
- Certificate of Baptism
Unacceptable forms of proof documentation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Passport entry page
- Class Photo from 3rd Grade that does not individually identify each student
- Letter from player/parents verifying the date they moved to the country
In order to be cleared via this method, the player should complete the following steps:
- Complete the Prior to 10 (P-10) Submission Form.
- Obtain a copy of some form of official document that proves the player was living in the United States prior to their 10th birthday per examples listed above
- Send a copy of both the P-12 Form and proof document to Maryland State Youth Soccer Association
- Player’s documentation is reviewed by U.S. Soccer and approval sent to Maryland State Youth Soccer Association. Players should communicate with their State Associations to verify whether clearance has been granted.