How to Join
REQUIREMENTS TO AFFILIATE WITH MSYSA
The process for an organization to become a direct affiliate member of the Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA) is not difficult. Simply complete the specific information that is outlined below to fill the affiliation application requirement.
1. LETTER requesting to become an affiliate of MSYSA. In addition to the request for affiliation, the letter should contain:
- Description of the organization
- Type of program
- Type of teams (recreation and/or travel)
- List of all affiliated club teams by name, age group and gender
- The seasons of play and principal geographic area served of the organization
- Leagues in which its teams play
- Approximate number of players and teams it expects to have participating during the seasonal year (September 1 – August 31).
- Sponsorship, if any, including that by municipalities
2. LIST of the organization’s Officers and Directors to include:
- Name and Title
- Mailing address
- Telephone numbers
- Email address.
- This list should also designate the principle or primary contact person.
3. COPY of the organization’s By-laws or other governing documents. Please Note: Two (2) specific provisions must be included in such documents:
- That the organization agrees to abide by all rules, policies and regulations of MSYSA, US Youth Soccer and US Soccer.
- That the organization will register all players, coaches and teams who participate in the organization’s programs with MSYSA and other U.S. Soccer members at least annually and pay the appropriate registration fees to comply with U.S. Soccer’s 100% affiliation rule.
4. A CHECK for the appropriate Affiliation Fee based upon the number of teams/players participating in the organization’s programs:
- 1-15 Teams: $60.00
- 16-40 Teams: $115.00
- 41 or more Teams: $170.00
(*For purposes of calculating the affiliation fee for organizations with recreation players, 15 players constitutes one team).
Please Note: The Affiliation Fee is a due annually (by the end of September); however, MSYSA will waive the affiliation fee each year that the organization has at least one representative present at the MSYSA Annual General Membership (AGM) meeting.
All applications are to be filed with the Executive Director of the Association, addressed to the Association’s office. The Executive Director shall acknowledge receipt in writing or via e-mail. Once an application has been fully reviewed, the designated organization contact will receive notice via email of either:
- A successful affiliation application
- A pending status with further documentation required.
Please feel free to contact our office should you have any questions.